Streaming – anytime
- The Metropolitan Opera will live stream during the Corona Virus closure. “Every night, we’ll be offering a different complete operatic gem from our collection of HD presentations from the past 14 years.” The performances will begin at 7:30 p.m. EST and will be available to stream for 20 hours. Schedule
- The Berlin Philharmoniker has released their entire digital concert hall for free! It’s great background music for the kiddos home from school or if you’re working from home.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium In addition to regular live streams of jellyfish and sharks set to music, the staff members at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California are narrating Facebook Live videos of fish, sea otters and other creatures from their own homes, answering viewers’ questions and giving context to what’s going on in the tanks.
- Explore.org, the world’s largest live nature cam network, provides a large array of live streams to choose from, including a penguin beach in California, a sea lion beach in British Columbia, an elephant park in South Africa and dozens more. They even offer live streams of newborn puppies and rescued kittens, providing hours of adorable entertainment.
- The Smithsonian National Zoo hosts a 24-hour live view of giant pandas Tian Tian and Mei Xiang.
- In addition to ongoing live streams on its website, the Houston Zoo is offering daily live check-ins with different animals on its Facebook page.
- The Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta also has a number of 24-hour live steams on its jellyfish, beluga whales, piranhas and more.
- The San Diego Zoo live streams a number of animals on its site, including koalas, giraffes and polar bears. The zoo is also hosting special live streams on its Facebook page, most recently featuring “Breakfast with our Galápagos tortoises.”
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore offers three live streams every day: Blacktip Reef, Pacific Coral Reef, and Jellies Invasion.
- National Aquarium Is Closed But They Have Live Cameras to Watch the Fish: The Blacktip Reef, Jellies Invasion, and Pacific Coral Reef are all being livestreamed via the official National Aquarium website.
- The Waddesdon Manor gardens is part of one of the most visited National Trust sites. The gardens were designed by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild with help from landscape architect Elie Lainé. You may also tour the interiors of Waddesdon Manor.
- Tour Monet’s garden and his home in Giverny, France.
- The Chicago Botanical Gardens include an English Walled Garden, the Japanese Garden, and the Plant Science Center.
- The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden is also a nature preserve that includes many waterfalls, streams, and a boardwalk.
- Kew Gardens is part of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site